Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Oven Roasted Parmesan and Paprika Potatoes



So, tonight we are having corned beef. Let's go into a little story, which may be funny to some of you, but shows how God blesses us in small ways that we over look so many times during our daily routines. I saw a recipe for corned beef Soup on Pinterest a few weeks ago, so naturally when I went to the supermarket I went looking for it. I couldn't find it anywhere...I guess St. Patty's day wasn't close enough yet. I was a little sad, but got over it and moved on with a small sigh. My family knows that I can eat a whole pound of corned beef myself. I love it for some very strange reason. Growing up, I wasn't ever crazy about it; In fact, I think I hated going to Grandma's house when she was going to serve it. Then one year, I guess my taste buds just finally woke up and realized what they were missing! Anyway, so my cousin by marriage came from across the big US-of-A and brought us some goods, in which was such a huge blessing to our family. One in which was the corned beef! I was more excited about that then the huge box of potatoes that will save us a hunk of money on grocery bill this next month or two. In our household the following are stables in the cabinets and fridge: Onions, Carrots, Peppers, cucumbers, CABBAGE, POTATOES, mushrooms, dill and parsley and tomatoes. I feel like I am always running to the store for one or more of them even though I literally just bought them. God blessed us so much this week and I am so incredibly grateful!


Okay, enough of the story about the Corned Beef and moving on to the recipe:





GATHER:

6-7 medium potatoes (Use Redskin and leave skin on or Russet & peel and wash)
ice cold water
1 Tsp salt


3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (Freshly grated or Kraft kind)
1 Tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 Tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika

TO DO:

1. Wash and peel your potatoes (unless your leaving skin on)
2. Place a potato on the cutting board and cut it lengthwise to get three slices.


3. Cut each slice into three strips, they should all be about the same height and width.



4. Place strips into a large bowl and fill up with ice water and 1 tsp salt. Place in fridge for 20 minutes-1 hour. Martha Stewart claims "The secret to awesome oven fries is pre-soaking them in salted water, which makes the potatoes release a bunch of their moisture before cooking. This ensures they will crisp up without having to risk burning them."



5. Dump out water and lay on a towel; pat dry. Clean bowl and wipe dry. Place potatoes back into the bowl.


6. Combine all the ingredients for the rub, except potatoes, water and salt, in a small bowl.




7. Pour mixture over the potatoes and mix until evenly coated.



8. Place potatoes on a well greased (you can use PAM) aluminum pan and bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F. Turn potatoes over and bake another 15-20 minutes.



9. Serve warm with mayo, ketchup or whatever you fancy =)





ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. I nominated your blog for a Liebster Award! See my latest post for how you're to accept it. :)

    ReplyDelete