Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cream Cheese Chicken Roll-Ups

Good Evening! I am sitting here waiting for one of our fellow young married couples to come over so I decided to share with you what I decided to make tonight for dinner. I wanted chicken last night, but I did not get home from the office until 8 pm so I had a big bowl of sausage and cabbage soup (which is sooooo simple, light and delicious!) and pan fried potatoes.

My good friend Lisa invited me for dinner a few months ago and made these crazy amazing chicken "roll-ups", I like to call it, not sure if that's actually the technical term or not. I texted her and asked what she put in them and she stated it was mozzarella, cream cheese, garlic and some cream cheese then top with breadcrumbs and bake it for 20-30 minutes. So I looked on Pinterest and Google and couldn't find any good recipe that had the ingredients I had. So I decided not to waste any more time and get to the kitchen since my hubby would be coming home in like 20 minutes.

Here is what I came up with...

Gather:

1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
1/2 onion
1 Tsp olive oil

3 or 4 chicken breast (3 will yield 6 roll-ups, 4 will yield 8 roll-ups)

4 oz. cream cheese
breadcrumbs at your discretion

1. Saute peppers and onions in the olive oil on medium-low heat until onions 
are transparent and the veggies are starting brown.


2. Turn off the heat and transfer to a small bowl. Wait a few minutes and then add 4 oz cream cheese (or more if you like your chicken more creamy. This was the perfect amount for my husband and my taste.)


3. Cut the chicken breast in half horizontally to make thinner.
(On left is the full size chicken breast, right is the already cut breast.)


4. Place a heaping spoon of filling onto each piece of chicken, roll up and finish it off with a toothpick.


5. Place on a sheet pan covered with aluminum foil (to save time on clean up) and sprinkle bread crumbs
over each of the chicken roll-ups.



6. Bake 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.


Smachnoho!

Love,
Ty Leigh <3





No comments:

Post a Comment