Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I'm back!

Good Morning!!

I have been wanting to get back into doing a blog for some time now. I forgot actually that I started this one in 2011 and now its the start of 2013 and so much has changed. Since my last post, I got engaged and then married!

January of 2012, January 14 to be exact, Greg proposed to me! It was a roller coaster experience trying to plan a wedding in 8 months along with mixing 2 different cultures and dealing with language barriers. In the end, it all worked out and ended up being such a beautiful wedding thanks to God sending all these little angles who pulled it all together. My husband and I both looked at each other at the end of our wedding day and said we would not do anything over because it was absolutely PERFECT. I really was a princess that day and feel like i was living in my own fairy tale story. 

For our honeymoon we went on a road trip through NYC, Boston, New Hampshire, Vermont, Quebec City and Montreal. Each stop was amazing and had something different to offer. We would love to go back up and do more hiking than just 1 day. Does anyone have any awesome places up north for hiking or even in the Delaware Valley? We usually go to Jim Thorpe area for hiking when we don't want to go more than 2 hours. But now that we are married, we can go more like 5 or 6 hours and stay the night someplace ;)


Okay enough wedding and honeymoon chatter and more blog related talk!
I don't know how often I will blog or want to restrict myself to saying what things I'll blog about, so I will skip over this conversation. However, I will warn you that most of what will be posted is going to be pictures of what I am up to with my husband and our family and friends along with recipes I use from my kitchen...or links to other blogs. I will confess that I never measure anything unless I am baking because in baking you must since it is a chemistry matter. So, it is going to be hard for me to start measuring things out and giving exact measurements and steps to my madness. I learned the right way to make a sauce, soup and all that good stuff....but it doesn't mean that I follow "by the book" rules. I pretty much do as I please. I am a home cook just like most of you, and prefer to just have FUN in the kitchen! I throw whatever random things I have in the fridge to perfectly fine "by the book" recipes to create my own flare. Sometimes this completely ruins the recipe, other times I have made an even better concoction in which I say to myself "why didn't anyone else think of this?"

I wanted to start this blog when I first started cooking for my husband because I wanted to track my own recipes and things I make. I made so many good things and I am afraid I am going to forget about something amazing I made that is worth making again. But because of life, and because I simply do not want to take pictures of the steps and have to measure everything out, I decided to put it off. Well now its been almost 5 months and if I do not start tracking my recipes now, I will regret it later down the road. I hope that you will enjoy my humor, maybe learn something from me and what I hope the most is that you all will comment and leave me tips and recipes to try as well! I would love to create a community of Christian, married, food-loving women who can have an awesome online friendship from all over the globe!

Love,

Ty <3


No comments:

Post a Comment